EHAM 30-06-2009 MIL

ImageImageForum for all matters concerning Amsterdam-Schiphol airport (and control zone, including heliport). Customary language is Dutch, but English is also accepted.

Moderator: gatso76

Forum rules
ImageImage
Polleke_NL
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: photography (military only)
Subscriber Scramble: Ruud van Haaster

Re: EHAM 30-06-2009 MIL

Post by Polleke_NL »

Thijs wrote:Euh this topics clearly mentions P10 as parking for the Hercules. For me this makes sense that the C130 used 36R instead of 04. The end of 36R is near P10 and 04 is next to SPL east, where they did not have their parking this time. Although the C-130s always used SPL east for parking and refeulling, this time P10 is used. and hopefully for us, also the last time :wink:
Ahhh, that makes perfect sence..., overlooked the parking spot as I simply assumed she'd be parked at East... (and indeed, hopefully for the last time although I was lucky enough to catch her on finals :lol: )
Ruud
gatso76

Post by gatso76 »

The Antonov still parked at Oost at 1515 Lt.
FRAmoveman
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: FRAmoveman

Post by FRAmoveman »

can anyone of the SBS users confirm that the Slovak An-26
was using Hex Code 505F61 ?

mtia

Manfred
EDDF
theguide
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: S1(Radio+SBS)

Post by theguide »

FRAmoveman wrote:can anyone of the SBS users confirm that the Slovak An-26
was using Hex Code 505F61 ?

mtia

Manfred
EDDF
:good: we 'meet' again :D

Possible..... I've got it on the same time as the arrival time and down to 925ft.
(logged from Rotterdam)

Regards,

Marijn
FRAmoveman
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Subscriber Scramble: FRAmoveman

Post by FRAmoveman »

Hi Marijn,

yes, nice to meet again.. :drinking:

thanks for that, have a nice day

Manfred
EDDF
Daaf

Post by Daaf »

Thijs wrote:Although the C-130s always used SPL east for parking and refeulling, this time P10 is used. and hopefully for us, also the last time :wink:
Zoals elders op dit forum al vermeld zijn de regels met betrekking tot turn-around parkeren aangescherpt. Het zal dus bijna niet meer voorkomen dat kisten, al dan niet met hulp van een marshaller, omgegooid worden.
Dus, helaas voor jullie, zal er vaker gebruikt gemaakt worden van de taxi-in/taxy-out posities, omdat er dan dus geen towbar benodigd is en de machine veilig op eigen kracht weg kan taxien.
adz
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: S2
Subscriber Scramble: ja

Post by adz »

Polleke_NL wrote:Herc came in too low .....
And this, my friend, is nonsense. :wink: But you probably figured that out already.
The Herc was offered a short line-up (Localizer interception aprox. 4NM final) for RWY 36R by arrival and was happy to accept.
Upon entering the CTR (Control Zone) it was cleared to descend below 2000ft so it would not end up too high on the Glidepath. It might have looked a bit lower than you would have expected, but it is standard practice with short line-up's. :D

Kind regards,
Ard
# But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake #
Polleke_NL
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: photography (military only)
Subscriber Scramble: Ruud van Haaster

Post by Polleke_NL »

adz wrote:
Polleke_NL wrote:Herc came in too low .....
And this, my friend, is nonsense. :wink: But you probably figured that out already.
The Herc was offered a short line-up (Localizer interception aprox. 4NM final) for RWY 36R by arrival and was happy to accept.
Upon entering the CTR (Control Zone) it was cleared to descend below 2000ft so it would not end up too high on the Glidepath. It might have looked a bit lower than you would have expected, but it is standard practice with short line-up's. :D

Kind regards,
Ard
Well, it came in much lower then they normally do, and from where I stood I could definatelly not figure out that this was to be a short line-up as he came in exactly like any other aircraft, except for the altitude. She even had to gain some altitude just before crossing the Ringvaart, at least, that is what I could see from my office..

Perhaps "too" low wasn't the right wording though, perhaps "very" low would have been more appropriate
:roll:
Ruud
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F4 + H5
Subscriber Scramble: Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

gatso76 wrote:The Antonov still parked at Oost at 1515 Lt.
A/c will be nightstopping, multiple enginecovers placed; perhaps ETD 01-07???

Adios,

Hurricane
Groeten,
Ron
adz
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: S2
Subscriber Scramble: ja

Post by adz »

Polleke_NL wrote: Well, it came in much lower then they normally do, and from where I stood I could definatelly not figure out that this was to be a short line-up as he came in exactly like any other aircraft, except for the altitude. She even had to gain some altitude just before crossing the Ringvaart, at least, that is what I could see from my office..

Perhaps "too" low wasn't the right wording though, perhaps "very" low would have been more appropriate
:roll:
Ah well, let's not start with 'appearances to the eye' etc. This was a normal situation for good weather for RWY 36R.

Enjoy the evening!

Gr.
Ard
# But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake #
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F4 + H5
Subscriber Scramble: Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

adz wrote:Ah well, let's not start with 'appearances to the eye' etc. This was a normal situation for good weather for RWY 36R.
Just my 2 cents;

Please consider that an empty military a/c flies with other restricitons than civil a/c and that this might influence on the crew flying; further more nothing shocking happend as Ard explains.

Adios,

Hurricane
Groeten,
Ron
Key
Site Admin
Site Admin
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: U bet

Post by Key »

Thijs wrote:The end of 36R is near P10
Nope, the middle of 36C is near P10. The P's you mean are 1-3 (and A-D). But otherwise you make sense. 8)
What four words, Jimmy!?!

Return to “Amsterdam - Schiphol”