just a few pics last summer in France

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
flogger
Type of spotter: militair

just a few pics last summer in France

Post by flogger »

03-08-2009 - Cuers

03-08-2009 - Cuers

03-08-2009 - Heyres

03-08-2009 - Heyres

03-08-2009 - Heyres

03-08-2009 - Heyres

03-08-2009 - Heyres

29-07-2009 - Heyres

29-07-2009 - Heyres

29-07-2009 - Heyres

25-07-2009 - Montelimar

25-07-2009 - Montelimar
Copter
Subscriber Scramble: yes !

Re: just a few pics last summer in France

Post by Copter »

Great pictures !

From which position did you make the Hyeres pictures ?
mirage 69
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F3
Subscriber Scramble: mirage 69

Post by mirage 69 »

Yeah Nice ones!
Were did you take the CM-170 on Hyeres

Grtz Rene
flogger

Post by flogger »

At Heyres there are many marvelous photo places. On Scramble Guide to arifields there is a description of Heyres: the landing pic (HB-IUT) is made at spot 2, other groundpics: along the runway you can walk parallel from spot 7 to 6, and the CM175 (not CM170) is made near spot 4. Al made outside of the base. I had the wish, still have by the way, the Etendards were still there, unbelievable close and cool photoplaces there are ........
Marcel Mutsaers
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by Marcel Mutsaers »

flogger wrote:I had the wish, still have by the way, the Etendards were still there, unbelievable close and cool photoplaces there are ........
Indeed! The Etendards are gone these days, but in 1992 they were still there. I can confirm the photo oppurtunities were great at Hyeres! And regarding your photographs they are still great!
Nice memories, staying at the campingsite near the base and taking photographs of nice aircraft (I think the campingsite is still there the name is 'Le Pin Maritimes', between the beach and the airfield).
Some photographs from july 1992:

flogger

Post by flogger »

Zucht.................., that's what I mean.............

The same by the way for Cuers with the Crusaders............

The flying activities on Heyres were very poor (read nothing....) for Marine helicopters....
I saw only a Cougar with code AM and I believe that is one of the AF.
Rene Peteri
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: Rene Peteri

Post by Rene Peteri »

Transavia has (had) a daily flight to Hyeres from Rotterdam in the summer period. A cheap possibility to go to this airfield. Also some other airfields (like Marseille, Eurocopter factory) are nearby as well.

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”