Bodø 16/17 June

ImageAll Airshow related news and logs.

Moderator: Jaap

Forum rules
Image Post all airshow-related items here. Please keep the postings as informative and to-the-point as possible. Refrain from postings with the sole intention to communicate whether you like the show or not, unless accompanied by arguments that can help others.
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Re: Bodø 16/17 June

Post by ehusmann »

herky wrote: but the Viggen, taxiing F-104, Lynx, Safari's and other (old) stuff made it my money worth.
I do not regret going. The Lynx, MFIs and NH90 where more than welcome, the 19 new Wideroe's I scored in 3 days made it all worthwhile. I had low expectations in the beginning, which I normally have. This time though, it did turn out to be as low as expected. Too bad. On the other hand, I finally got a show in the last Nordic country....

Erwin
Agg
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Type of spotter: Photographer

Re: Bodø 16/17 June

Post by Agg »

ehusmann wrote:All in all I was not too impressed with the show. Surely the Norwegian helicopters were a very welcome catch, but the show was small. Even smaller than we had expected. And why only 1 Norwegian F-16 on the static, why hide the second Typhoon, were was the announced demo of all Norwegian types in the air? It could have been much better, but I guess the inexperience showed. Good thing was the very close distance to the city. First time ever I walked from my hotel to an airshow!
The Orion went tech and stayed on the ground at Andøya (why they could'nt send another one, I dont know), the Lynx was set to display, but from what I heard the display was not approved by the people higher up and was pulled.

Return to “Airshow news!”