Ronneby Sweden - runway repair?

ImageLogs and news on European airfields outside the Benelux, Germany, Ireland and the UK.

Forum rules
choco
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Subscriber Scramble: choco

Ronneby Sweden - runway repair?

Post by choco »

Yesterday I drove to Ronneby to spot and photograph operational Gripens. Sadly no Gripen flew this day. Only a few local civil aircraft landed and departed. Because in between lot of trucks were seen with people on the runway it looks like this runway received some maintenance. Can anybody confirm this?
tomorrow I will go again to Ronneby for an new attempt. Does anyone has tips for good taxy photo spots? I could only find suitable landing photo locations. Military part looks hidden in the forest with the Lansen in front of the gate.

Thanks for any information!!
Stefan
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Subscriber Scramble: Stefan

Re: Ronneby Sweden - runway repair?

Post by Stefan »

choco wrote:Yesterday I drove to Ronneby to spot and photograph operational Gripens. Sadly no Gripen flew this day. Only a few local civil aircraft landed and departed. Because in between lot of trucks were seen with people on the runway it looks like this runway received some maintenance. Can anybody confirm this?
tomorrow I will go again to Ronneby for an new attempt. Does anyone has tips for good taxy photo spots? I could only find suitable landing photo locations. Military part looks hidden in the forest with the Lansen in front of the gate.

Thanks for any information!!
NOTAM doesn't show any 'issues' with flying as far as I can see. The Swedes used to slow down activities in the holiday season though. I recall a 'Tote Hose' experience at Ronneby too some time ago.

Rgds,
Stefan
jreijmer
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F1
Subscriber Scramble: Jeroen van Reijmersdal

Post by jreijmer »

Edit; I wasn't sure but it's July. After midsummer night Swedes usually start their holidays until end of July. So when we roamed the Swedish roads early 90s first week was always outside Sweden before visiting Swedish airfield in August.

Jeroen
Wijgert IJlst
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: F2
Subscriber Scramble: Wijgert IJlst

Post by Wijgert IJlst »

I think the same, just summer holidays
Kind Regards / Groeten,

Wijgert IJlst
choco
Scramble Newbie
Scramble Newbie
Subscriber Scramble: choco

Post by choco »

Thanks a lot all of you. I will go tomorrow and let you know!

Return to “Spotting Rest of Europe”