New skyteam partners??

ImageForum for news and discussions on civil aviation matters.

Moderator: gatso76

Forum rules
hmv
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior

Re: New skyteam partners??

Post by hmv »

ehusmann wrote:I wouldn´t be surprised it Skyteam will wait it out before adding an Indian carrier to the club.

Erwin
Skyteam only has to compete against Oneworld, because Star Alliance already had Air India as partner.
joostvandeelen
Scramble Junior
Scramble Junior

Post by joostvandeelen »

Now officially out: Vietnam Airlines and Tarom will enter Skyteam in June 2010

Asia seems to be covered well , now let's hope for a South American partner aswell..
Boudewijn van Oirschot
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: Wat niet?
Subscriber Scramble: Boudewijn van Oirschot

Post by Boudewijn van Oirschot »

Maybe Kenya Airways as it is well connected with KLM?
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by ehusmann »

Kenya AW IS already a member of Skyteam.....

http://www.skyteam.com/about/carriers/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erwin
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F4 + H5
Subscriber Scramble: Hurricane

Post by Hurricane »

ehusmann wrote:Kenya AW IS already a member of Skyteam.....

http://www.skyteam.com/about/carriers/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Erwin
Any news if KQ will joint the Skyteam-logo jet family ?? (Air Europe and CSA also are still without logo-jet ...)

Adios, H.
Groeten,
Ron
B767-300ER
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by B767-300ER »

Hurricane wrote: (Air Europe and CSA also are still without logo-jet ...)

Adios, H.
CSA: ATR 42/500 OK-JFL is in skyteam colours :wink:
All times are local times!

Regards, N.
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Hurricane »

B767-300ER wrote:
Hurricane wrote: (Air Europe and CSA also are still without logo-jet ...)

Adios, H.
CSA: ATR 42/500 OK-JFL is in skyteam colours :wink:
:shock: ... Oops... forgotten the lawn-mower :wink:
Groeten,
Ron
Boudewijn van Oirschot
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

ehusmann wrote:Kenya AW IS already a member of Skyteam.....

Erwin
It is an associated member.. not really a full member as KLM and Air France are :roll:
so.. that might be something for the future.

I reallly don't have any idea which African airline can join Skyteam apart from Egyptair and South African.
Eritrean, Madagascar, Mauritius, Tunisair, Libyan, Air Algerié, Ghana Airways and LAM are very unusual.. perhaps Ethiopian Airlines ?
None of these airlines except Tunis Air are serving Amsterdam or haven't served for ages if I am right (Ethiopian went to Brussels and Eritrean ceased)
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Hurricane »

Boudewijn van Oirschot wrote: None of these airlines except Tunis Air are serving Amsterdam or haven't served for ages if I am right (Ethiopian went to Brussels and Eritrean ceased)
Ethiopian indeed went to BRU instead of AMS and Eritrean went to FRA (als they only have 1 767, pending availability)

Adios, H.
Groeten,
Ron
Boudewijn van Oirschot
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Hurricane wrote:
Boudewijn van Oirschot wrote: None of these airlines except Tunis Air are serving Amsterdam or haven't served for ages if I am right (Ethiopian went to Brussels and Eritrean ceased)
Ethiopian indeed went to BRU instead of AMS and Eritrean went to FRA (als they only have 1 767, pending availability)

Adios, H.
They did stop flying from FRA as well, didn't they?
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Hurricane »

Boudewijn van Oirschot wrote:
Hurricane wrote:

Adios, H.
They did stop flying from FRA as well, didn't they?
After a search on A'liners.net is becomes very quite on FRA from late 2007 .... (the wetleased 757 from Atlas returned to Turkey in 2008 and the 767-200 is ???) ... not a active airline ....
Groeten,
Ron
phkza
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Type of spotter: Civil > Pics or it didn't happen!

Post by phkza »

What about Afriqiyah? They might be quite a new player, but seem to have serious expansion plans...
ehusmann
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by ehusmann »

Boudewijn van Oirschot wrote:It is an associated member.. not really a full member as KLM and Air France are :roll:
so.. that might be something for the future.
And that matters how exactly? Their routenetwork is taken up, as far as I know only the service needs to be improved to become a full member. Not really a big thing if you ask me....
Boudewijn van Oirschot wrote:I reallly don't have any idea which African airline can join Skyteam apart from Egyptair and South African.
Eritrean, Madagascar, Mauritius, Tunisair, Libyan, Air Algerié, Ghana Airways and LAM are very unusual.. perhaps Ethiopian Airlines ?
None of these airlines except Tunis Air are serving Amsterdam or haven't served for ages if I am right (Ethiopian went to Brussels and Eritrean ceased)
If you are talking Africa, South African is already Star Alliance. Egyptair will be if I remember correctly. The only airlines that would bring anything to the alliance would be RAM, Air Algerie or Tunisair, but all of these serve markets that are well served by the alliance already. The rest of Africa is rather a black spot, both in market potential and in airlines.
I think Africa is served well enough by the current members already and does not offer enough additional market potential for growth to warrant more partners. South America would be a better candidate as well as Asia and Australia.

Erwin
Hurricane
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Post by Hurricane »

ehusmann wrote:If you are talking Africa Egyptair will be if I remember correctly
Egypt Air joined Star Alliance this year and allready have a A330 and B772 and B738 in Star Alliance-cs

Adios, h.
Groeten,
Ron
Boudewijn van Oirschot
Scramble Master
Scramble Master

Hurricane wrote:
ehusmann wrote:If you are talking Africa Egyptair will be if I remember correctly
Egypt Air joined Star Alliance this year and allready have a A330 and B772 and B738 in Star Alliance-cs

Adios, h.
Sure, they did. I just mentioned SAA and Egypt because these carriers are already 'occupied' with Star Alliance.

Latin America is a good issue too. Since Skyteam lost Continental Airlines and it's subsidiaries Copa Airlines there is a big gap for South America.

Oh and I forgot Continental Micronesia as well. Quite difficult to find a carrier in this region.. as Qantas is oneworld and Air New Zealand is Star Alliance.

Return to “Civil Aviation News”