Sheik returning to the airshow circuit

ImageImageForum for all "old aircraft" related news, background, discussions and research.

Forum rules
ImageImageForum for all news, background, discussions and research on vintage aircraft, warbirds and wrecks & relics (stored, preserved, dumped etc). Actual logs -especially those of active airfields- are preferred to be posted in the appropriate Spotters forums.
aviodromefriend
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: zo snel afgekeurd, ik kreeg geen kans S5 te worden

Sheik returning to the airshow circuit

Post by aviodromefriend »

Thanks to one of that boring "Do you know ..." emails from Twitter, I stumbled at @KLu_HV. This account claimed that, on the day that a lot of people were looking to Switserland, an (as a once RIAT commentator described him) airshow legend is on his way back into the airshow circuit.

Last Saturday (that is September 6) Ralph "Sheik" Aarts made his first solo flight in the RNLAFHF"s Spitfire at Gilze-Rijen.
De Zamboni heeft kramp in zijn achterwiel
Jan Maarten Smeets, Heerenveen 31 oktober 2009
mikeeagle
Type of spotter: infrequent

Re: Sheik returning to the airshow circuit

Post by mikeeagle »

aviodromefriend wrote:Thanks to one of that boring "Do you know ..." emails from Twitter, I stumbled at @KLu_HV. This account claimed that, on the day that a lot of people were looking to Switserland, an (as a once RIAT commentator described him) airshow legend is on his way back into the airshow circuit.

Last Saturday (that is September 6) Ralph "Sheik" Aarts made his first solo flight in the RNLAFHF"s Spitfire at Gilze-Rijen.
saw a Spit overhead Tilburg yesterday 25-09 or day before yesterday 24-09 at around 18.42 LT, might have been him.

Return to “Vintage, warbirds and wrecks & relics”