Hong Kong - HKG - February 2010

ImageDedicated forum to share your older or thematic photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your older or theme-based aviation photos, under the same conditions as the parent forum. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Hong Kong - HKG - February 2010

Post by Indiaecho »

Hello

Last year I spent a couple of weeks travelling around the Far East. I have only just got round to putting my photos onto the web, and thought that you may be interested to see some pictures from the last stop on my trip, Hong Kong.

All of these photos are taken from the airport's viewing area.

Both All Nippon and JAL had plenty of flights from Japan operated by the 747, 777 and more interesting 767:-

JA610A by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

The airport is a busy freight hub, and there was never a long wait between cargo flights. One of the most interesting was Deta DC-10 UP-DC102

UP-DC102 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

There are plenty of flights to and from Taiwan, using aircraft upto 747 size. The A.330 was probably the most popular type of the route though, and Eva and China Airlines' examples were frequent visitors:-

B-18307 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Flights to and from the Chinese mainland were very frequent, and operated by a wide variety of carriers. Shanghai Airlines were one of the more unusual:-

B-2167 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

along with Shenzen Airlines:-

B-6297 by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Plenty of Cathay Pacific flights as well - A.330 B-LAD was one of the more interesting aircraft:-

B-LAD by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Hong Kong Airlines, Dragonair and Hong Kong Express were also busy - here Hong Kong Airlines 737 B-KBI is coming into land:-

B-KBI by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Hong Kong is also one of the world's busiest ports, and there were plenty of ships going by the viewing deck as well as aircraft:-

N570UP by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

All the main European airlines had flights, with most arriving in the early evening. Air France, as well as a daily 777-300 passenger flight, also livened things up with a 777-200 freighter-

F-GUOC by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Even a lot of the short flights were operated using wide bodied equipment, sich as this Thai 777:-

HS-TJD by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I hope the photos are of interest - 300 more can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/

Neil

Return to “Aviation Photos - Thematic & non-actual”