Kuala Lumpur - KUL - Feb 2010

ImageDedicated forum to share your older or thematic photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your older or theme-based aviation photos, under the same conditions as the parent forum. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).
Indiaecho
Scramble Rookie
Scramble Rookie
Type of spotter: airliners and biz jets
Subscriber Scramble: No

Kuala Lumpur - KUL - Feb 2010

Post by Indiaecho »

Hi,

Pictures from my trip to Hong Kong last year seemed to be fairly well recieved, so I thought that you may be interested to see some photos from another stop on my journey - Kuala Lumpur.

I spent a day at the International Airport, where the viewing gallery offers a good view of most of the action. The only downside (apart from the slight tint of the floor to ceiling glass that constitutes three sides of the gallery) is that you can't see what is on the other side of the Satellite Terminal which itself blocks views of the Low Cost Carrier Terminal.

It was no great shock that Malaysian Airlines were busy here at their home hub, and their 737s were constantly coming and going:-

9M-MQK by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Their long haul fleet seemed to have a more relaxed life - this Triple was one of several aircraft that stayed on the ground all day:-

9M-MRC by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

The other main airline was Air Asia. They use the Low Cost Terminal, so photos were hard to come by. However, I did manage a snap of A.330 9M-XXC:-

9M-XXC by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

One of the more interesting visitors from abroard was Royal Brunei's V8-RBT:-

V8-RBT by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

While Thai provided wide bodied action with 777 HS-TGW:-

HS-TJW by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Japan Airlines sent a 767 wearing a 'One World' livery:-

JA804A by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

Pakistan A.310 AP-BGR was another interesting visitor that maintained interest during the endless Malaysian 737s and Air Asia A.320s:-

AP-BGR by IndiaEcho Photography, on Flickr

I hope the photos are of interest - some more can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/indiaecho/

Regards,

Neil

Return to “Aviation Photos - Thematic & non-actual”