TLP at Kinloss! - (30/01/08)

ImageDedicated forum to share your older or thematic photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your older or theme-based aviation photos, under the same conditions as the parent forum. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).
Macc
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Type of spotter: Photographer
Subscriber Scramble: Macc

TLP at Kinloss! - (30/01/08)

Post by Macc »

Was editing some old photos and found these from the start of 2008. Tactical Leadership Program (TLP) was still held at Florennes, Belgium but they usually hosted one of the six in a year (although often enough a couple were cancelled) at a different base. I believe this was due to noise abatement for night flying, which they don't have at Albacete, Spain, where TLP is currently held. So in 2008 they held it at RAF Kinloss, just my luck as it pretty much is on my doorstep. Sadly throughout the whole time I had no days off, but a tour was held on Wednesday the 30th. Two groups got, group one being first and managing to get (as seen here) beautiful light whilst the front moved in during group two's visit. They weren't meant to have been flying that day but due to cancelled sorties they did do a launch, which I saw but got terrible photos of due to the light.

Pariticipants: 7x Belgian F-16AM, 2x Netherlands F-16AM, 2x Italian F-16ADF, 3x Italian Tornado ECR, 2x French Mirage 2000D, 2x French Mirage 2000N, 2x French Mirage F1CR, 2x French Super Etendard Modernise, 2x British Hawk T1.

2x Italian HH-3F were present in the final week, 2x French Pumas never materialised.

Golden oldies by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

Ground checks by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

A Mirage on a crisp morning by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

From Ghedi with love by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

Line of Belgians by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

Belgian beauties by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

The French, en masse by Maccphoto.co.uk, on Flickr

Chris
http://www.maccphoto.co.uk
Twitter: @maccphotocouk
Facebook: /www.maccphoto.co.uk
Macc