Holiday in BC and AB, Canada part 1

ImageDedicated forum to share your own recent photos with the rest of the community.
Please note large files may exist here before you start browsing!

Forum rules
ImageThis is the forum to share your recent aviation photos with the rest of the community, being photos not older than six months at the moment of topic opening. Theme-based topics, not about recent events, should go into the sub-forum.
Although we will not screen beforehand, we reserve the right to delete any images, especially if clearly unsharp or otherwise low in quality. For more information on how to upload you images, check this post.
In topic titles, please use airfield names in stead of just codes, and be clear about what kind of photos your viewers can expect (e.g. CIV/MIL, location etc.).

Finally, bring any photo criticism understandable and to the point, not cynical or offensive! Simultaneously, do not feel offended by criticism per se, but simply explain your motives, taste et cetera, or ignore if you wish so.
f4phantom
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Holiday in BC and AB, Canada part 1

Post by f4phantom »

This years holiday took us to Canada, we decided to make a roadtrip along severel points of interest for us: aviation/wildlife/nature.
I only log my personal favorites so not everyting that was seen i note
The Air Canada A330 took us from Amsterdam to Toronto at 9-9-2024, 2 highlights for me there, A310 HZ-NSA Al-Atheer Aviation and impounded VDA An124 RA-82078, also a unknown Boeing 737-200 was seen at the fire exercise area without engines.
Next flight a Air Canada A321 to Calgary. WFU 737-200 C-GWJU at Calgary another nice one, at that moment used for training the de-icing personel.
Its time to pick up the rental car now for a short drive to the first hotel, close at the airport and close to the first stop of our trip.
Next day, 10-9-24 we visited the first stop, the Hangar Flight Museum at Calgary, some shots here:

After the short visit to the museum we were heading north, to see wat was visible at Red Deer.
It turned out a lot was visible at Red Deer, when we arrived a lot could be seen from outside the fences but good pictures were hard to make, so i decided to walk to some Air Spray people who were lunching at a picknick table in front of the hangar and asked if it was possible to make some pictures of the L188's. The answer was something i totally not expected ! They said, wait, i'll hook you up with Ray.
They guided me to the reception which was after a door that could only be opened with a employe pas.
Ray came out of his office and was surprised someone from overseas was interested in the airplanes. They only get about 2 people a year from overseas that visit the company. Some pictures from the visit:

Because we were interested Ray took us a airside tour around the dump areas as well

A log:
Air Spray L188:
C-GZVM tailcode 485
C-FDTH tailcode 498
C-FZCS tailcode 487
C-FLJO tailcode 482
C-FLXT tailcode 481
C-GJTZ tailcode 492

Buffalo Airways:
L188:
C-FBAQ tailcode 417
C-FIJX tailcode 416
C-GXFC
C-FYYJ stored ex Conair
C-GIZU stored ex Atlantic Airlines
C-GLBA stored ex Atlantic Airlines
DC4 (C54):
C-GBNV stored

Conair stored Convair 580:
C-FKFM tailcode 54
C-GKFO tailcode 53
C-GYXC tailcode 42

At the dump were 6 L188's present that have been there for ages including Convair 240 C-GTFC
Not all the dump stuff was allowed to photograph.
A huge thanks to Ray for his time to show us around :worship:

Soon part 2 of the roadtrip
Last edited by f4phantom on 30 Sep 2024, 06:02, edited 5 times in total.
Denmen
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: Denmen

Re: Holiday in BC and AB, Canada part 1

Post by Denmen »

Wow, nice al those Electra's. Thanks for sharing.
Rene Klok
Scramble Senior
Scramble Senior
Subscriber Scramble: Ja

Post by Rene Klok »

Great set of pics. Nice that they took the effort of showing you around.
Groeten, Regards,
René

ErwinS
Scramble Addict
Scramble Addict
Subscriber Scramble: ErwinS

Post by ErwinS »

f4phantom wrote: 26 Sep 2024, 20:32also a unknown Boeing 737-200 was seen at the fire exercise area without engines.
C-FRYG
f4phantom
Scramble Die-Hard
Scramble Die-Hard

Post by f4phantom »

Thanks ErwinS :worship:
Alpha Kilo One
Scramble Master
Scramble Master
Type of spotter: F5
Subscriber Scramble: Jein 😉

Post by Alpha Kilo One »

Thanks! That's what you call hospitality! Effort appreciated.
"Nix bliev wie it es"

Return to “Aviation Photo Forum”